DUI DWI: International Referral
BAC Limits and Suspensions in OntarioThis page is designed to provide a quick summary of per se BAC limits, administrative suspensions, lookback periods, suspensions on conviction, and reciprocal suspensions of drivers' licences. If the data below is incomplete for Ontario please invite a local attorney or lawyer to participate.
Information for Ontario
470 Hensall Circle, Suite 303 (near Cawthra and Dundas)
905-273-3322 | 1-877-273-3322
1. Current DUI PER SE limits: 80 mg/100 ml is the limit under the Criminal Code of Canada, 50 mg/100 ml will result in a 12 hour suspension under the Highway Traffic Act, novice drivers must have 0% under the HTA
2. Does this state or province have any form of administrative license
Does this state have any form of administrative suspension or revocation on arrest for REFUSING to be tested?:
3. What is the applicable "look-back" period in your state or
province (i.e., the
10 years for priors after September 1993
4. Does this state or province permit or not permit JURY trials (please
Rarely. No Jury Trial unless Crown proceeds by indictment in a serious case.
5. Reciprocal Suspensions: Does this state or province suspend licences for persons convicted in other states or provinces and if so which states or provinces?
New York and Michigan plus all Canadian provinces
| Privacy |
WARNING: All information contained herein is provided for the purpose of providing basic information only and should not be construed as formal legal advice. The authors disclaim any and all liability resulting from reliance upon such information. You are strongly encouraged to seek professional legal advice before relying upon any of the information contained herein. Legal advice should be sought directly from a properly retained lawyer or attorney.
Warning: This is NOT a government web site.